Activate Reliance Jio eSIM, now it’s time to get rid of External SIM card and to adopt latest eSIM Technology, Reliance has become a popular telecom company bringing eSIM service in India and we will learn here what eSIM is and how we can activate Reliance Jio eSIM.
Reliance Jio is increasing its market area every day, despite all the many tempting offers, there is bad news for all telecom companies. This is because of the latest technology and affordable recharge plane, Jio has always been one step ahead of its competitors, When all the telecom operators were in 3G then launching a 4G SIM and cheap plan from Jio has brought a new Revolution in the telecom market.
What is eSIM
eSIM stands for electronic SIM, it is an embedded SIM, as the first phone was CDMA SIM but the eSIM was created in something else that separates it from CDMA, it has a chip in which the information of SIM owner is stored. The biggest benefit of eSIM is that we will not have to switch between SIM or Carriers again and again. In this, we get a feature that can easily switch your carriers.
The biggest difference between CDMA SIM and eSIM is that CDMA SIM can be written only once, while we can write eSIM as per our requirement and also we can change its information. Only the phone supports eSIM, which already has a chip installed.
For phones that have eSIM hardware chip installed, we do not need to buy the plastic sim card of Airtel, Jio, Idea or Vodafone. We need to register with any operator we want to join and after document verification, SIM will be activated.
Every SIM has an IMSI (International Mobile Subscriber Identity) number through which any SIM card is activated. Once it is activated on the Plastic SIM card, we can not delete it and activate the second IMSI number, while IMSI number can be updated in eSIM.
How to Activate Reliance Jio eSIM
As we know, Jio eSIM can only be activated for the phone that already has its hardware chip installed and no Android smartphone has been launched in India in which this feature has been given. But recently iPhone Update has come in to add eSIM’s feature to all its latest smartphones such as the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR with the Nano SIM. In such a case, if you have any device from this then you can get the benefit of Reliance Jio eSIM.
This iPhone service is currently available only for 10 countries, India is one of them. If you have any of the above iPhone devices then you can activate eSIM by following these steps.
- Bharati Airtel, along with Reliance Jio in India, also provides eSIM Wireless Carriers solution. First of all, you have to download the Wireless Carriers App. We are talking about Jio eSIM activation. So for that, you have to go to the nearest Jio Digital Store.
- On Digital Store, you will need to take an Identity proof and Photograph, after verification of your document, Reliance Jio eSIM connection will be provided.
There is one more method to Activate Reliance Jio eSIM.
- We have to go to the phone setting.
- Go to the Cellular option.
- From here we will have to click on the Cellular plan. Now the QR code provided by the Carriers provider has to be scanned, with this, we will get a confirmation number from the carrier provider, which will require you to activate your eSIM by entering that.
Reliance Jio eSIM is currently launching for some smartphones in which almost all of the iPhone models are covered and it can also be coming soon for Android phones. With eSIM technology and feature that can make our calling system more advance, we may have some demerits to activate eSIM. What do you think about it? Let me know in Comments!